Monday, August 04, 2014

Poyll Dooey, Bridle Path

                               Winter is coming


Taken from the bridle path, though I haven't seen any horses for a while, but there are a lot of cyclists and dog walkers. Perhaps it should be renamed   This is the entrance from the town side of the Poyll Dooey nature reserve In the distance you can see Bowring bridge which is situated next to Bowring Road and that's where downtown Ramsey begins, just a stone's throw away from this tranquil spot. Taken on a Winter's day, 2010 the only day I've ever know Ramsey in the 11 years since I've been here covered in snow. The next day, snow had turned to slush, but the nature reserve remained. 

4 comments:

Ramsey Mom said...

Lovely hun

William Kendall said...

I can't imagine winters where you'd only see a single snowfall. Terrific shot!

Halcyon said...

Whew! Glad to see this is from the archives. I was worried for a moment. :)
I am not looking forward to winter, but I do admit it can create some beautiful landscapes.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

One day in eleven years.. It was a good thing you were ready to capture that magical day Jane :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin